An Investment Policy Statement and Financial Plan must be executed well in order to succeed. We have established a number of solutions and relationships that help our clients implement their goals in a convenient and cost-effective manner.
TD Ameritrade Institutional
Although we will work with any custodian you choose, our clients often hold their investment assets at TD Ameritrade Institutional because of its convenient and low cost solution. Benefits include:
- Low trading fees for stock, mutual funds, and exchange traded funds.
- A wide selection of no load mutual funds, including access to Dimensional Funds (available only through approved advisors), institutional share classes with the lowest expenses, and many funds that waive loads (commissions) exclusively for clients of fee-based advisors.
- Software tools that allow us to provide account set up, trading assistance, and support efficiently, without the need to hassle you for statements or access to your accounts.
- At your option, payment of advisor fees directly from your account.
- Attractive account features, such as no account maintenance fees or minimums, online access to your accounts, downloads into Quicken® or Microsoft Money®, check writing, check card privileges, and SIPC protection.
American Funds® CollegeAmerica®
Our clients may invest may invest in no load, advisor-only share classes through American Funds® CollegeAmerica®, a Virginia 529 plan for education savings. Benefits of CollegeAmerica® include:
- Selection of 21 actively managed mutual funds from American Funds®, a fund family known for its strong research, long-term track record, and low administrative expenses.
- Ability to purchase 529-F shares, a no load share class available exclusively to the clients of fee-based advisors to keep the total cost of the fund expenses and our advisory services comparable to or below retail offerings with limited or no investment advice.
- Convenient account set up, support, and trading assistance without the need to hassle you for statements or access to your accounts.
- Tax benefits, such as tax-free earnings growth, tax-free withdrawals for qualified higher education expenses, and state income tax deductions for contributions by Virginia residents.
Although many of our clients hold investment assets at TD Ameritrade Institutional or American Funds® CollegeAmerica®, they often have investments in 401(k)s or other held-away accounts. We typically advise our clients on their entire net worth and want our clients to invest in whatever way is in their best interest. Consequently, we use data aggregation that allows us to see all of your financial accounts, regardless of where they are held, and manage investment assets held at any institution, while allowing clients to keep their personal PINs and passwords private. Click here to read a case study for other advisors about how we have used this technology in our practice.
Prospect Financial Group LLC works closely with your existing financial advisors and, when appropriate, may refer you to the following:
- Insurance Brokers/Agents
- Mortgage Lenders
- Accountants/Tax Advisors
- Trusts & Estates Attorneys
 Prospect Financial Group does not provide tax advice. Clients should be aware that the tax laws and regulations are complex and are subject to legislative changes. You are hereby notified that: (a) any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues is not intended or written to be relied upon, and cannot be relied upon for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code; and (b) you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.